I suppose, to answer that question...We have to figure out: What is art? Art is what the creator thinks. What the artist feels in their heart. It depends on your personality, your backround, your outlook on life itself.
art 1 |ärt|
noun
• the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power
I consider myself a blooming artist. I'm not quite where I want to be, but I want to work my guts out to get there. I was going to say 'I am a growing artist', but every artist you ask...no matter how long they have been painting/sculpting/drawing ect...They will all say that they are still growing.
So I may never get to that place called 'perfect art'. Does even such a level exist?
When I think of myself, I think I am an artist.
I want my asthetic to be something along the lines of pastels, flowers, slice of life, romantic, fairytales, and whatever my feelings bring. It is sometimes anger and dissapointment, sometimes it's sadness or love...But it always seems like my happy, nostalgic, sensitive personality melts from my face into my paintings and drawings.
I hope you find what it means to be an artist. It's different for everyone. Some things that I consider art, some people think it's cheesy or juvenile. Of course, there are many MANY people that, in my opinion, don't have a clue what real art is. It's up to you to decide.
There are also many different art forms. Dance, music, writing, drawings, paintings, sculptures, fashion design...and it just keeps going on and on.
Art is something that you create.
What do YOU consider art? What are YOU looking to portray through your art?
Draw Forever,
Artsy Foxy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
The nature of art is to have the faces of their artists, because that is it was art is about. If someone dictated to van Gough or Rembrandt what they have to draw, some of the greatest pieces of art wouldn't exist today. Art for me, is the freedom to be who you really are inside and let the outside world see it. ~
I think that art can be anything, not just drawing. My art- even though I draw- is more of writing. Writing poems, writing stories. I think thats kind of what you were saying when you said that art depends on the person!!
Art is unique in all forms and it's a way to let who you are seep into the world, hidden in a piece of art until someone looks deep enough to find you.
I heard somewhere that with concerning authors; every author reveals more about themselves in their books than they know.
Post a Comment