free counters

Monday, May 16, 2011

Featured Manga-ka - PEACH-PIT


Next on our monthly 'Manga-ka Spotlight' We have the group PEACH-PIT. :)
A pair of ladies, Banri Sendo and Shibuko Ebara, work together to make manga. Their most notable works include:

Rozen Maiden
Shugo Chara
Zombie Loan
Dears

Below are two pages from their most popular manga (and anime), Shugo Chara.



I love PP's use of screentones and 'blending together' of the panels. All the characters have such shiny eyes too. X3
Their stories seem to be about younger teenagers, usually 11 to 14 year olds. PP's shoujo style is well known among the Otaku community, even if the group hasn't come out with very many manga.



Shugo Chara has been one of the longest running anime that I've ever seen. But it's very good. :)
I hope you have enjoyed this month's installment of Manga-ka Spotlight. I'm sorry I couldn't say more. But please support the artist and buy their manga if you enjoy it. The topic of pirated manga is something for another time.
Also, if you think an artist should be featured on this blog, please email me at sweetmontanagirl16@yahoo.com I look forward to your suggestions. ^^

See you all next month!

Draw Forever,
Artsy Foxy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's really cool. I would have thought that PeachPit did more. Huh, well that's a really awesome post! Can I suggest a mangaka here? Or do I have to email it to you? 'Cause I were thinking of Sunrise, the group that made the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion anime.

Heathy-chan said...

They had alos done another one, which I forgot the name of. Yeah, I thought that they had done more too. XD
Sure! I could totally do that! I loved the Code Geass anime, and so I could do a special edition on that, since it's an anime. Did you know that CLAMP designed the characters for it? :)
Thank you for the suggestion. ^^

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that CLAMP designed the characters! That's awesome! They did a great job. :D