Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Featured Manga-ka: Natsumi Ando
This month's Manga-ka Spotlight is Natsumi Ando
Her works include:
Zodiac P.I.
Kitchen Princess
Wild Heart
Arisa
Author's Bio (taken from the back of KP )
She was born in the Aichi prefecture. She won the 19th Nakayoshi Rookie Award in 1994 and debuted as a manga artist. The title she drew was Headstrong Cinderella . Her hobbies include reading, watching movies and eating delicious food
My first impression of her art is: Not that amazing. XD I got used to manga-kas like Matsuri Hino, CLAMP and other very popular artists. So Natsumi Ando didn't impress me at first, simply because she wasn't that popular and I didn't care for her art.
But while I was reading Kitchen Princess, I was too engaged in the storyline to pay attention to her drawings. She has a touching story in Kitchen Princess, and she's not afraid to take the story to new places even if the fans might not like it. (( If you have read the story past vol. 6, you'll understand what I'm talking about)).
I am currently reading her newest manga Arisa (pictured below), and it's awesome. The story of a girl and her beloved sister pulls you right in, and the first volume ends on a major cliffhanger, which makes me want to read more! XD
I would reccomend Natsumi Ando's manga to anyone. Although, shounen fans probably wouldn't care for it. :3
I hope that you like this Featured Manga-ka series. I need suggestions for later posts. (( Next month, I'll be featuring Code Geass, so look forward to that. ^^ ))
See you in July! ♥
Draw Forever,
Artsy Foxy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Oh my god, I LOVE Kitchen Princess! But I agree, I focused more on the story than the illustrations. I definitely want to reread it when I get some time!
Post a Comment