free counters

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crazy Dreams


I've wanted to be a professional artist for quite a while now. It's just been something I've wanted to do with my life. Making art every single day and being open to inspiration all the time, being holed up for a week or more, meeting fans, buying art supplies... It all is just so appealing to me.

I've talked to so many artists in Artists Alleys and online. I've watched countless speedpaints and tutorials, I've filled a dozen sketchbooks, and have taken several art classes. It's what I dream of doing for the rest of my life. Either being a designer at an animation studio, a children's book illustrator, or a manga-ka... It's all involving drawing and painting for a living.

And now that we're done with the dramatic backstory, let's get to the present:
 I've always thought it was so weird when people 'admire my confidence' and are so surprised that Art is something I want to do... They say it's because it's 'such a hard business to get into' and 'are you sure you can really make a living off of it?'
I've never felt that I couldn't do it, honestly. It's never been a challenge for me to imagine myself achieving all the dreams I have.

I say, you can do anything you want to. Who cares what the business is like? If I want to be a professional artist, I know I can do it.
 True, I can admit that my art isn't professional level yet, but I'll get there. Just because I'm not good enough NOW doesn't mean I won't be good enough in the future.

Of course, I do refer to the Bible when I need a pick-me-up. Since I'm a Christian, I go by the verse:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

It doesn't matter what the market is like. I know that God will provide everything I need, He'll open the doors.

I'm sorry to all the people who think otherwise, (especially if you're a Christian too) but you're not going to like what I'm about to say:

If you think you can't do it, then you really don't believe in either yourself or God. You can claim otherwise all you want, but actions speak louder than words.

Anyway, I am convinced that I'll be a great artist. I'll make tons of money and I'll have lots of fans. :D
So believe in yourself. Don't settle for anything less than what you really want. 'Cause you're going to be unhappy the rest of your life if you do that.



Kind of a deep post for this art blog, but I hope that you get what I'm saying. Enjoy this encouraging and motivational song. ^^

Draw Forever,
Artsy Foxy

No comments: