Arina Tanemura is one of my favorite artists. Her style really stands out to me. She's done several series, including...Full Moon wo Sagashite (Searching for the Full Moon)
Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne
Time Stranger Kyoko
Gentlemen's Alliance +
among others. ^^
I feel her style can range anywhere from lighthearted to darker, more gothic feeling. That's a good thing. It means she's not afraid to stick with one genre. ♥I've only read one of her series (in English, anyway.) And that would be Full Moon wo Sagashite. (Main character pictured above)
Her storytelling style (from here on out known as 'voice'), to me seems very emotional. The flow of the story, combined with the wide cast of characters, draws you in almost like a movie. She can easily switch her voice from being humorous, lighthearted and fun. To being darker, emotional, and angst-y. So easily, in fact, that you don't even notice that the 'feel of the story' has changed.
I adore her use of color and tone. Also, the simple backrounds make the pictures that much more dramatic. How does she do that? XD
I hope you have enjoyed this 'Manga-ka Spotlight'. I will be doing more in the future. The next one? It's probably going to be either CLAMP or Matsuri Hino. Please look forward to it. ^^Draw forever,
Artsy Foxy



1 comment:
Excellent post. Its great to see what inspires people.
Post a Comment