free counters

Friday, July 9, 2010

Manga ideas


Hey look! It's an actual post!

So..I'm back with something that all otaku has had sometime of another. And that would be the urge to create their own manga.

So. Where do you start?

Ideas.

I'm serious. I've tried that whole thing with making it up as I draw...And that's fine. But you shouldn't start like that. (Mostly cause things would end up like CLAMP. XD Just kidding, just kidding...)

First: Get a pencil and paper.

Next: Get. A. Genre. (i.e. Comedy, short story, drama, supernatural, sci-fi, ect.)

And then start writing down ideas. If you can't think of any, just write whatever you feel like. Gail Carson Levine says to write anything that pops into your head, because eventually, there's going to be an idea in there somewhere.

My inspiration usually comes from music. And jumping on the trampoline. Together. So, I go out twice a day to our trampoline with my MP3 player, and just start jumping. I've come up with more than half of my ideas out there.

One of which is a sci-fi story set in 2300. The world had been raveged by WWIII, and countrys have been conquered and re-named by Russia and England. A young American girl had moved from America to Germany, and is now a young mechanic. A young professor discovers time-travel, so he comes to Germany to seek out a mechanic to build it with him. Wanna guess who he finds? Heehee. ;)

So, I haven't actually drawn it yet, but I wrote it down. That writing it down released it from my mind, and made room for more.

So, I encourage you to come up with ideas....wow...that sounds cheesy. Okay, yeah...Anyway, I hope you guys got something out of this.

No comments: